Legalzoom Review: All of the articles in this series assume you are filing for an uncontested divorce, and are seeking help with your online divorce forms. This Legalzoom Review is the first of five in the series of Online Divorce Reviews.
Pros of Using A Legalzoom Divorce
- The most important benefits of using a Legalzoom Divorce, is the customer approval, and they say 96% of the customers would recommend the services to others, AND they have over a million satisfied customers (for all the services, not just divorce).
- They offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Short wait time of 2 days to receive your online divorce papers.
- Legalzoom products are rated A+ by the BBB.
- There is an attorney helpline also--not yet sure if there is a charge for this.
- Endorsed by many celebrities, such as Dennis Miller, Laura Ingraham, and Bill Handle, and by major television/newspapers such as CNN.
- Legalzoom offers info about Marital Settlement Agreements using their Law Library
- They offer a life time toll-free telephone and email support, MSA included.
- The flat fee is $299, but this includes any state-specific documents you may also need. I think this fee is very reasonable for the amount of good quality and assurances you get for the money, because you are NOT alone--Legalzoom will be helping you with everything you need for your online divorce papers.
- It seems that a Name Change form for the woman, parenting plan, and visitation schedule, and also "provision" for court ordered child support document are included in the fee.
- Revisions: When I spoke to a representative, I was told that as many revisions as you need are included in the divorce price. (this may not be true for other Legalzoom documents).
Cons of Using A Legalzoom Divorce
Cons of using Legalzoom.com:
- The fee might be considered high to some, but think about how much attorney's fees are! The fee for Legalzoom's online divorce paperwork, is about 1-2 hours of legal fees for an attorney. So, there is also a lot of savings there.
- You would have to make sure you have a few days to wait to file for divorce, as the documents are being prepared by Legalzoom's representatives. (as opposed to you purchasing forms and filling them out yourself if you need them in a hurry). But if I was in a hurry, I'd want someone to check my work and ensure I wasn't leaving important information out. Legalzoom seems to be doing this for it's customers.
- Legalzoom only offers uncontested divorce paperwork in 42 out of 50 states. So, if you live in Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Montana, or Virginia, it looks like Legalzoom can't help you right now. As of March 31, 2012, I also just heard that Legalzoom will not be offering any uncontested divorce documents in the following states: Alaska, Delaware, Maine, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington DC, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Finish the Legalzoom Review and then Find My State to see the State Directory and Resources Page, and more information about divorce in each state.
Alternatives to Legalzoom
So, if you like the idea of using a Do-It-Yourself Divorce, you may wish to find another company and complete the forms yourself. See our
Online Divorce Reviews to find out about the other four companies that I highly recommend and why. One will definitely suit your needs.
I should also say that each of these companies DOES provide a benefit that completing the documents yourself without any other resources doesn't have. And that is support, education, and possibly mediation, or discounts for attorneys should you need them in the future. Basically, if you include all of the knowledge you will gain, the VALUE of using Rocketlawyer, Find Legal Forms, US Legal Forms, or 3StepDivorce.com will be GREAT, because you will most likely learn a lot and save money in the long run. Rather than doing it yourself, missing a lot of important details, and then having to pay MORE. Again, it's an opinion, but valid, considering the cost of the services are so inexpensive. So, if you haven't learned a lot in this Legalzoom Review, please read more before you make any decisions!
Return from the Legalzoom Review to the Divorce Form Reviews:
Find Legal Forms Review
US Legal Forms Review
Has this Legalzoom Review been helpful to you? Please let others know about it using the social networking buttons below! Thanks for reading, and good luck with your divorce.
Jennifer here, letting you know that you can ask any legal question online for free using Avvo. It's a great service that I am happy to recommend, and I don't even get paid for telling you this! You will see this box on EVERY page of the Real-Divorce site because that's how important it is!