I want him to pay for my child.

by Kathy

My husband resides in Canada. After our marriage, I too relocated myself there. Initially, he seemed to be a nice man. But after the birth of our child, he wanted to get away from all of the responsibilities. I filed for divorce and I want him to pay a hefty child support amount for our child! It's not that I can't take the burden of my child; but I want him to pay for his responsibilities. Any suggestion?


Real-Divorce Comments:
Dear Kathy,
Thanks for your question; Like so many parents, you want to raise your child but don't want to take a financial hit because your spouse changed his mind.

Unfortunately, I don't know if you'll get a hefty amount, a medium amount, or a small amount of child support. You would know best how much money you each make, and how much time your child spends with each of you. You may want to visit the Child Support section of this site. Child support forms are available online in every US state through the ACF. Not sure about Canada though! You should call the county/state you got divorced in and ask them how to proceed with child support forms.

Best of luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Child Support Forum.

Jennifer here, letting you know that you can ask any legal question online for free using Avvo. It's a great service that I am happy to recommend, and I don't even get paid for telling you this! You will see this box on EVERY page of the Real-Divorce site because that's how important it is!

Want to know a secret?

Once my readers make their decision to have an uncontested divorce, they come here and use the divorce form reviews.

After that, about 70% use 3StepDivorce.com, because they have the MOST value for the DIY divorce included in the price!

Get access to RocketLawyer's forms by signing up today! 50% OFF Your First Month's Purchase at RocketLawyer! Use Code: SAVEHALF