Flat on my back and broke!!!!

by Dave

I became disbabled and can no longer work. How can I get the alimony I am paying reduced to reflect the true income I have?


Real-Divorce Comments:
Dear Dave,
Please make sure you read more about this topic on the Alimony Guidelines page. Yes, it is possible to reduce alimony if you truly have a disability, but you will need to provide whatever proof is necessary to the courts. Alimony is based on income and many other factors. The courts place the burden of providing proof on the person acquiring the disability, so that many people don't try to manipulate the system.

On another note, if you would like to build up an income again, please visit my page about SBI to sign up for awesome tools to create a website using your knowledge and love of a topic that is important to you! SBI shows you HOW with little out of pocket cost, great value, and lots of extras!

Best of luck to you.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Alimony Forum.

Jennifer here, letting you know that you can ask any legal question online for free using Avvo. It's a great service that I am happy to recommend, and I don't even get paid for telling you this! You will see this box on EVERY page of the Real-Divorce site because that's how important it is!

Want to know a secret?

Once my readers make their decision to have an uncontested divorce, they come here and use the divorce form reviews.

After that, about 70% use 3StepDivorce.com, because they have the MOST value for the DIY divorce included in the price!

Get access to RocketLawyer's forms by signing up today! 50% OFF Your First Month's Purchase at RocketLawyer! Use Code: SAVEHALF