Georgia Divorce Papers
Georgia Divorce Papers: If you are divorcing in Georgia, you need information about all of the important topics that might apply to your particular case. And you "should" read about many other topics, just in case they might apply to you! There is a lot to know and learn. You can get a good education by reading through the Sitemap on Real-Divorce here!
For a short list of important concerns, see our disclaimer, articles, finances, property division info, and child support info. Remember, if you educate yourself, you will be more prepared to go to court. This is true whether you use an attorney or represent yourself (pro se), or whether you will have a contested or uncontested divorce in Georgia.
Using Georgia Divorce Lawyers--FREE Info About This!
A free and easy way to find out about what the local Georgia divorce lawyers would say, is to post your question to AVVO. Qualified attorneys will respond on Avvo, and you can choose to receive an email each time your question is answered. I have had great results with this myself, and have used it for my personal life many times. Each time, I am happy that this free service exists, because I don't want to pay attorneys high fees to ask questions!
Just go to
and see for yourself.
Take the time to find out about what will happen in your divorce in Georgia!
Online Divorce for Your Georgia Divorce Papers
Once you know exactly which Georgia laws apply to your particular situation, you can decide how to file your Georgia Divorce Papers (contested or uncontested). In order to find out about Georgia Divorce Papers, you just have to gather your documents and decide if an uncontested divorce would be right for you. Read the Online Divorce Reviews for full information about this topic!
On a side note, I thought in the beginning of my divorce (and I considered myself a middle-class person with enough money) that I would use an attorney. However, as time went on, and I paid a mediator and an attorney (10 hours only), I found out that my questions could have been answered if I'd just done the research myself. So, that is why I offer this information here.
My goal is to help you make your own educated decision. If you decide to have a more peaceful divorce that could potentially allow you to keep more of your money or part with it gracefully, then GREAT. I guess that's the good news. The information I am providing here is free, however, I have spent many hours finding the best companies to offer online divorce products. Thank you for using my links here to keep Real-Divorce.com helping others!
My five favorites for Georgia Divorce Papers are Rocketlawyer, Legalzoom, 3StepDivorce.com, Find Legal Forms, and US Legal Forums. Each one consults Georgia Divorce Law before giving you your documents. Legalzoom is the only company that prepares the forms for you, the other four are DIY, but each has it's own benefits.
I'll explain briefly why I think they are superior here, and you can read more about each in the Online Divorce Reviews section.
- First, Rocketlawyer is a DIY (do it yourself) legal plan that allows anyone to purchase a membership and type up their own legal documents. There is support from Rocketlawyer, so you still won't be all alone, and the price is sooooooo inexpensive, that I would never consider doing my own divorce completely solo with prices so low. You can also access all the other documents you'll need, like wills, living wills, property settlement agreement, custody arrangements, and name change, all included in that low price.
- Next, Legalzoom offers the divorce documents, but does them for a flat fee of about $299. This price includes the above mentioned documents or most of them, but THEY type them for you. You just submit a questionnaire, they do all the work.
- Next, 3StepDivorce.com is sort of a combination of these other two. It's DIY, but there's more support, and you can easily try their demo and see for yourself how professional the documents will look. They give you 40+ ebooks about divorce concerns, and they also will include some mediation for their price. So, if you and your ex are still negotiating on one particular topic, you can ask 3StepDivorce to mediate with you. That's a great price for this service, and they let you pay in two installments.
- Find Legal Forms does an excellent job, and may have the highest BBB rating of these companies with an A+. They package up their documents in bundles, priced at around $45 each, but they also sell single forms. Legal Forms
- Lastly, US Legal Forms is a great choice for you if you want to pay per item rather than a flat fee. The fees are still very reasonable, but if you have a few to process, you may want to consider the other two options on this page to save money.
You can enter your questions about your Georgia Divorce Papers in any of our Divorce Forums quickly and easily. They are set up without a login or a password required, so you can read the questions and comments without a big commitment, but can get responses emailed to you.
Try one today!
Georgia Child Support Calculator and FREE Divorce Help
It is never too early to file for child support, so you can do that before you file your Georgia divorce papers. Don't go without the benefits your child may need! The ACF is the main website for child support services, and you can access the Georgia child support calculator and information there, file online, and start receiving benefits (if that is approved).
LawHelp.org is a great free resource to help low to moderate income individuals with their divorce, and you can ask specific questions concerning Georgia divorce law.
Return from Georgia Divorce Papers to Divorce Forms Online
Other Real-Divorce Articles you may find helpful:
Finances and Divorce
Disclaimer: The information on this site is for educational purposes only. It is not legal advice and may not apply to your situation. I take the time to gather the best information to those going through divorce, and offer a place for readers to learn, get support and fantastic resources, and find applicable products that are a good fit for them. You can support this site by purchasing high quality products or services from the sponsors I link to.