Divorce in Utah
Divorce in Utah will be an important part of your divorce education, so it is best that you find out as much as you can for your state by visiting the library and the courthouse's law library. It is also easy to do this online if your courthouse has a county website.
You will want to find out:
The rest of this page is dedicated to:
- Utah Divorce Lawyers Information,
- Utah Divorce Law and Utah Divorce Forms for Uncontested Divorces,
- Divorce Forums, and
- Resources, such as Free Utah Child Support Info and Divorce Help for low-moderate income individuals.
Free Info about Using Utah Divorce Lawyers
First, it goes without saying that anyone getting divorced should get some legal counsel about important concerns. That means looking up local and qualified Utah divorce lawyers using the Yellow Pages or using word of mouth from family and friends. There are also great internet options available, which I will list here.
Avvo.com is a network of attorneys which can answer your questions online. You submit a question (how will my finances be separated during my divorce?) with your particulars, and qualified attorneys will answer you back, posting on Avvo, but you can also be notified through email each time a response comes in. Very convenient and helpful!
Access the Avvo site here:
Divorce in Utah and Utah Divorce Forms
There are only a few reputable companies that stand out to process your Utah Divorce forms. I have contacted so many of the lesser known companies, only to find that they don't email or call back answering my questions. So, I think it's best to stick with the big ones that can give you a money back guarantee or some kind of guarantee. The companies I recommend also have A or B Better Business Bureau ratings. There are only five companies on my "OK" list, but you will find a good one for your needs. Read the full online divorce reviews, and find a company that knows Utah Divorce Law (these companies have to!)
And, hopefully, you have already read about the differences between a contested and an uncontested divorce, and are ready to hear more about which companies could work well for you.
Legalzoom does not offer Utah divorce forms.
- DO-IT-YOURSELF companies that offer good rates, convenience, and extras:
- RocketLawyer is my first pick, because their rates are so awesome for any average person. You pay a membership fee to access any legal forms for personal use, and login to create documents. You can pay month to month instead, but many couples do find that it takes time to fully realize the financial changes they will face, so I truly believe the yearly membership is more beneficial for MOST people. You can save more by using the Real-Divorce links: FREE trial membership and FREE 1st document with RocketLawyer.com
- US Legal Forms has an easily accessible download for individual legal documents, so you pay per item.
- 3StepDivorce.com has a great reputation on the internet for having a lot of support and extras included in the DIY package. For instance, I am a big fan of mediation, rather than litigation, and 3StepDivorce.com offers some mediation in their package.
Free Utah Child Support Info and Resources
It is never too early to file for child support, so you can do that before you file your divorce in Utah. Don't go without the benefits your child may need! The ACF is the main website for child support services, and you can access the Utah child support and information there, file online, and start receiving benefits (if that is approved).
LawHelp.org is a great free resource to help low to moderate income individuals with their divorce, and you can ask specific questions concerning divorce in Utah and Utah divorce law.
Divorce Forums are a great way to find some potential answers to your issues and concerns in your divorce. Please read the already posted questions and comments before posting your questions and comments, and enjoy the ease of this setup: no passwords or logins, just read! You may also elect to have responses to your posts sent directly to you through email. It's easy!
Enter the Real-Divorce Forums now and find useful info about your divorce in Utah!
Return from Divorce in Utah to Divorce Forms Online
Other Real-Divorce Articles you may find helpful:
Divorce and Debt
Disclaimer: The information on this site is for educational purposes only. It is not legal advice and may not apply to your situation. I take the time to gather the best information to those going through divorce, and offer a place for readers to learn, get support and fantastic resources, and find applicable products that are a good fit for them. You can support this site by purchasing high quality products or services from the sponsors I link to.